Thursday, March 22, 2007

Spring is Here!

Spring has arrived once again. Just when we thought all the trees were dead for sure, they've sprouted beautiful green leaves and promising buds. The tulips, iris, and daffodils are in full bloom, and we're really enjoying all the color. Mom and I have been taking advantage of the beautiful weather by spending most of our days outside playing in the dirt, on the playground, and biking. I've even helped Mom grill up some pretty tasty vittles for dinner. We have a brand new fence and many changes are happening in the back yard. Mom and Dad did away with the 2nd and final koi pond--it was just too tempting for me to throw things in and possibly jump in if I got the opportunity. Plus, we need to make room--I've heard whispers about a possible sandbox for my birthday in May! We've also been very busy preparing for Relay for Life on April 28-29. Today was the big bake sale. Our home was the drop off for all the goodies since Mom worked the first shift. It was sooooo hard to keep my paws off all the treats--you've never seen so many cookies, brownies, muffins, breads, and bars in your life! We even had a breakfast taco assembly team at our house all of yesterday morning making Uncle Fred's famous breakfast tacos--100 of them! They were the first to sell, and we're thinking of doubling the recipe next time to 200. . . the sale was a success, generating over $550! I've attached some pics of our 2nd annual trip to the Arboretum. What beautiful flowers! I wore Mom out as she chased me all day "tiptoeing through the tulips"--literally. I loved getting to pet and brush the animals at the petting zoo, although Mom had to cut my time there short when she caught me picking up goat poop--hey, it looked pretty interesting. Anyway, the theme for the Spring/Summer months there is "Flower Power". Check out the VW's covered in flowers--it was cool, dude. Enjoy the pictures.

No comments: