Saturday, June 16, 2007

Summertime Fun

This week, Grandmother asked us to come help her entertain my cousins while Uncle Jay and Aunt Lizzy were out of town since she's still really weak from her treatment. So Mom and I loaded up and headed to Woodville. I finally got to see their big surprise they've been telling me about--a paddle boat for the lake! Apparently it was an impulse buy from an ad in the paper, but I'm sure glad they got it--it is so much fun. I had quite a time with James and Claire. Grandmother made us her famous "request your own character" pancakes, and we played Spiderman, put on skits, and went to visit Aunt Adelaide on her farm. I even got to go watch James at his baseball practice. While I took my nap, Mom helped Grand Dad clean out Nana and Poppoo's house. One treasure found was Grand Dad's red rocking chair he had as a boy as seen in the picture below. I really like rocking in it.

No comments: