Wednesday, July 04, 2007

The 4th 2007

We've had lots of fun celebrating the 4th of July, and the rain has actually cooperated with all the festivities. Last night, we went to the city park where Coppell had a big event with tents, food, activities for the kids, even a train (my personal favorite). We left before the fireworks so I could get my bath, and we had great view of the fireworks show from our house. I was actually really scared of the popping noises, so Dad took me inside. Maybe I'll like them next year . . .This morning, Mom and her friends left early to decorate the MOMS Club float. I joined them later just before the parade. The float looked great once again, but for the 2nd year in a row, we took the 2nd place ribbon. I've decided the whole thing is rigged, since the Catholic Church took 1st, and it's their parking lot that we use to set up and start the parade--hmmmmmm. Anyway, it was lots of fun and we received many cheers, especially for the bubbles coming out from the back of the float, and for the bottles, pacifiers, diaper and wipes boxes dragging from behind! I rode in Parker's double stroller with him. We just kicked back, enjoying our dum dum pops. This year, I let my friend Sophia wear my Uncle Sam hat, as it doesn't quite fit me anymore! Here are some pics from all the events. Notice the 2 new additions to our crew this year--2 dogs--Kelly maneuvered 2 kids + 2 dogs through the whole parade. She definitely wins the Super Mom award for the event!

No comments: