Saturday, May 24, 2008
Celebration
This past week has been one huge celebration. It started last Friday when Dad got news that he had received a big promotion into management with his company. The job will involve a move to Houston--it's bittersweet for all of us because we've made so many wonderful friends in Dallas and have really become involved in the community. Mom and Dad love Houston, however, and I know we'll make wonderful friends there as well. We took a trip to H town so Dad could see some clients, and Mom and I could drive around looking at neighborhoods. Grandmother and Grandandan are living there right now, so we stayed with them in their apartment. Monday was my actual birthday. We had lots of fun visiting the new Discovery Green park in downtown Houston then celebrating at a nearby Italian restaurant. I ate a HUGE bowl of pasta with butter and cheese (lots of butter, of course), then all the Italian waiters came and sang Happy Birthday to me with a delicious cake. It was a great time. Today was my big birthday celebration with my friends. Mom and Dad got me exactly what I asked for--a Hot Wheels party with chicken nuggets and a huge water slide! We had tons of fun eating, splashing, and playing. The most memorable moment, however, was when Mom got home with the cake. While she was unloading the ice, I got curious and jumped in the car to take a peak. Unfortunately, I stepped right on top of the cake box! Mom ran over the disastrous dessert to neighbor Cindy who decorates cakes. She couldn't patch it up, but took it back to the grocery store, and they gladly fixed it up. Thank you Cindy and Tom Thumb for saving the cake! The party was a huge success. Practically everyone went down the slide--even Mom, Dad, and the neighbors! We sure will miss that park, but I'm glad I was able to have one more party under the shady trees. Here are a few pictures from the festivities.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment