Yes, we're STILL in Dallas. The countdown is on, and we've been saying our goodbyes. This week, we're planning our 4th home shopping trip to Houston. We've now learned that we are moving to the #1 real estate market in the country--so far we've lost 2 bidding wars on homes even after making offers OVER asking price! We know this trip will be a success and I can't wait to see my new room. The past few weeks have been very busy. Daddy has been traveling a lot with his new job, and Mom and I have been enjoying our last few weeks with our friends. Uncle Jay and family came in to redeem his Richard Petty Driving Experience gift certificate we had given him last year. It was the coolest experience, even for me and I wasn't even driving the car! We got to watch everything, including Jay completing 8 laps around the track at 150 mpg all by himself--I still can't believe they let that guy get behind the wheel! The next day, James, Claire and I went to Six Flags. I'm quite the dare devil, riding every ride they would possibly allow me to ride. I especially enjoyed the water rides.
Last Saturday was our big going away party thrown in the park by all our friends. It was a huge fiesta, complete with a margarita machine, pinata, waterslide, and lights strung from the trees--Thweatt Park has never looked more festive! All our friends and neighbors came to wish us well, and we had a blast reminiscing about all our great times together. We're already planning future get togethers to keep in touch. To top it all off, we got a 2nd signed contract on our house which made the celebration even greater.
Here are some pictures from all the events. I've also included some from our 3rd and final Coppell July 4th parade. This year, we decided to form the trifecta of Team Dunn (our realtor), The American Cancer Society, and MOMS Club in one big float. It was quite the combo, and as always, we had a wonderful time parading through town. I hope to update you soon with pictures of our new home in Houston!
No comments:
Post a Comment