Friday, September 26, 2008

Sam Rayburn

We finally got to fulfill our Kenesson family Sam Rayburn Lake vacation this past weekend. It had been planned for July, but due to various factors, was rescheduled for late September. The timing was perfect, as the Lake got power back the day before we were scheduled to arrive, and since none of the Woodville folk had power, it was a welcomed retreat! The weather was wonderful, and we were practically the only boat on the lake. Uncle "Capt" Reeve brought his boat, and we had lots of tubing behind it, as well as just joy riding around the largest lake in Texas. It was my first tubing experience and I LOVED IT! I rode with Mom, then Dad, then I was positive I was ready to take off by myself . . . Mom and Dad said maybe next year! We celebrated Grandmother's 65th birthday, and I helped Claire arrange some choc chip cookies in at 6-5. When we weren't in the boat, fishing, swimming, or playing in the mud, we were sitting on the porch visiting and eating. Grandandan brought tons of food that he had kept on ice all week, and we dined on mystery meat all weekend--thank goodness no one got sick! The cabins are a wonderful find, and we hope to make it an annual get together!

No comments: