Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Friends, Fun, and Florida

We've had a great couple of weeks visiting some wonderful friends. It started MLK weekend when the Schwantners from Coppell came to stay with us while they cleaned house and settled the estate of Stephanie's grandmother who recently passed. Jackson is one of my very best buds from our time in Dallas, and he and I had lots of fun together. Both of us love cars, and he slept with me in my Lightening McQueen room. We also had fun helping Mom make brownies and playing outside with the soccer ball and in the sandbox. Mom got some "baby time" too holding Jackson's sweet little sister Abigaile. Our next visit with friends took us all the way to Orlando Florida! Dad had a conference scheduled for work there this week, so Mom and I flew in early with him to enjoy a little vacation. Our trip started with a visit to Disney straight off the plane. Jodi's friend Tom, an official "cast member", escorted us in the gate and gave us a quick tour of all the fun new things Mickey and gang are planning. We spent the whole day at the Magic Kingdom and it was magical! My favorite rides were driving the cars (of course) and the Pirates of the Carribean, but I was most enamored with seeing Mickey, Minnie, Pooh, the Princesses, and all the others in the "Dreams Parade." Mom and Dad let me pick our my own souvenir in the gift shop on the way out--I chose a toy replica of the monorail, as I thoroughly enjoyed our fast train ride through the Disney resorts to and from the parking lot. The next morning we were invited to lunch with the Parrots and Hinshaws at the Hinshaw home--a beautiful Florida home overlooking the water. It was wonderful playing outside in the beautiful weather with the kids--David, Pamela, Cassie, and Matthew. Maria and Lina fixed a delicious lunch, and Mom and Dad had lots of fun remembering old times with Orlando friends. We headed back to the Marriott to do some swimming and lounging before our big night out. Dinner Sat night was at the home of Joey and Peggy with guest chef Jodi! The ladies prepared a wonderful meal of lamb, eggplant, and many other delectables. We once again ate poolside, enjoying the lovely Florida breeze. I conked out early with Sophie the dog in Joey and Peggy's bed so Mom and Dad could continue visiting. We had a leisurely morning on Sunday, then met the Toccos for lunch near our old hood. I had lots of fun coloring with Sophia at Jason's Deli in my new McQueen coloring book the girls brought me. After lunch, we drove over to our old house. Bob's truck was out in the driveway, so we stopped in to see the neighbors. Bob and Gloria looked great, and I even got to pick some fresh Florida citrus from their trees outside--it was an experience I'll never forget! After a quick visit to see Scott and his family, including new baby Mack, we spent Sunday evening lounging by the pool at the hotel. What an enjoyable trip! We hope to always stay in touch with our wonderful Florida friends! Thank you all for a great vacation.

No comments: