Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

I hope you got lots of valentines this year--I sure did! I had my Valentine's party at my school on Thursday. My classmates and I had all decorated bags to hold our valentines we exchanged with each other. I gave everyone a Shrek valentine that Grandma Pat and Papa had sent me in my Valentine care package. They were really cool, and I even signed my own name with a little help from Mom. I'm getting better and better writing my letters--it helps when you have to write your name 15 times! The teachers asked us to distribute our valentines all by ourselves, too. It was very challenging to match the name on the bag to each valentine, but I did it! We had tons of fun at the party decorating cupcakes and playing balloon games. This weekend, we had fun celebrating at home, as well, eating lots of chocolate and cooking a wonderful meal from Central Market. While we were grocery shopping, we stopped to have lunch at the grill outside and listen to the live Zydeco band. I was introduced to one of Mom's favorite songs for the first time--"Don't Mess with my Toot Toot"! It was a lot of fun dancing and watching all the interesting instruments the band used. Hope you had a wonderful Heart Day too!

No comments: