Monday, June 15, 2009

Summertime

We've all really been enjoying the summer activities here. I've been swimming a lot and can now jump off the diving board and swim to the side all by myself! We had lots of fun this past weekend hanging out at Uncle Jay's pool. He and Aunt Lizzie went to New Orleans for a business conference for the weekend, so James, Claire and I got to hang out together all weekend. Mom and I had already been in Woodville for the week to attend WUMC Bible School. Mom taught music and I had fun in a class with just 4 year olds. Mom dropped me off back in Houston on Thursday afternoon when Dad got back in town from Austin/San Antonio. Dad got to see Jason and Jenn's house for the first time in San Antonio and says it is awesome. Mom and I can't wait to go visit soon. I went to a birthday party at my favorite park, Discovery Green on Friday morning, then Dad and I headed back to Woodville. We surprised Dad on Saturday night by the pool with a birthday cake in Ole Miss colors. We knew we wouldn't be with him on the 16th, so we had to celebrate early. It was an ice cream cake from DQ and boy was it good! We ended the night with a watermelon seed spitting contest (which Mom won) and a "who can eat watermelon the messiest" contest which James won after he coated his entire torso in watermelon bits and juice. Too bad I don't like watermelon--it sure looked like fun. Also included in this post are various pictures of me enjoying the summer painting, splashing, lifting weights with Dad (or cans of kidney beans in my case), and a few other rodeo party photos that weren't included in the last post. Mom and I are headed out to Dallas now for a visit with friends while Dad is in NC on business. We're really of taking advantage of no school--whoo hoo!!

No comments: