Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Bringing you Up to Date!

I know, I know, it's been a while since I updated you on my goin's on. We do have an excuse--the internet connection was down and after it was fixed there was just a whole lot happening around here. I'll start with our trip to MO to visit the Grandparents Arnold, as well as Uncle Jas, Aunt Jen,the girls, Grandma Millie, Uncle Gary and Stella. Once again, I had a blast with my cousins. We swam in the pool, and we went to the lake. I had the best pulled pork I've ever had and almost made myself sick eating so much! Grandma Millie let me sit in her lap and play with her remote, my favorite toy. I also had fun playing with her thick socks--she laughed when I pulled on her toes! My favorite picture from MO is the one with me, Sarah and Hannah in the pool--it's a classic. I'm climbing up the slide about to do something dangerous I'm sure, Sarah's "posing", and Hannah is just trying to get out of the water!

The next big event was the circus--my first trip to see the actual Ringling Bros Barnum and Bailey 3 ring event! I'll have to admit, I was rather overwhelmed. I sat in my Dad's lap the whole time, still as can be, just trying to take it all in. It might have been a litle much for me at this age, but I had a great time. There's just so much to look at! I'm sure next year I"ll be able to appreciate it even more, and will even be able to call the animals by name. I can't wait.

The following Tues was National Night Out. This program is sponsored around the nation by police and firemen to promote crime prevention in your neighborhood. The idea is to get out and meet your neighbors, plus the officers come by in their police cars, fire trucks, even motorcycles to introduce themselves. My mom and Mrs. Wilson organized it for our neighborhood and we had a great turnout. We served ice cream sundaes will all the fixins. We met lots of neighbors we hadn't before, some very nice folks. Mom and Dad let me tear into my sundae. It dribbled all down my face and chest and was really messy--just the way I like it. Then I got to ride one of the neighbor's really cool tricyles. THe parents might have to get me one of those! Speaking of rides, I just got my first MOTORIZED automobile. It's a 4 wheeler--mom picked it up for me at her Moms Club yard sale. THat's another reason we haven't had time to update the blog. Mom's in charge of all the charitable giving for the moms club, so she decided to organize a consignment yard sale with a % of the profits going to charity. She didnt really know what an undertaking this was. Over 30 families participated--luckily it wasn't held at our house because you've never seen so much junk in your life! I wish we had pictures to share. The good news is the yard sale made $3,500. It benefited the Brent Woodall Foundation, a local Coppell organization that helps children with autism. We're taking it easy this week, because the weekend was just nuts with that sale. Dad helped out a lot. He and some other Dads hauled off all the leftover junk to another charity--there were 4 truck loads leftover, although we probably sold about 80% of the junk we had. Amazing! Well, that's about it for now. We're looking forward to a rather uneventful weekend. Talk to ya soon.
JACK

No comments: