Monday, December 11, 2006

Fun in the Sunshine State

This past weekend we took a mini vacation to my birthplace, Orlando, FL. It was a wonderful trip, and we got to visit all our fantastic friends. Here's a recap of the trip. Thursday night, Dad dropped Mom and me off at the Hinshaws so I could play with David, their 1 yr old son and Mom could visit with Maria. Dad went on in the car to Sarasota so he could visit his friend Scott and play some golf. It was so great to see David. He had just celebrated his 1st bday the weekend before, and what do ya know, he started walking while I was there! Friday night, the whole supper club gang came over to the Hinshaws and we had a big party. I got to see my friend Cassie who is all over the place, just like me. That night after the party we checked into the Marriott. Miss Jodi works there and hooked us up with amazing pad. You would have thought we were royalty with the way we were treated and our beautiful suite. On Saturday, Mr. Tom, her boyfriend, treated us to a day at the Animal Kingdom at Disney World. Tom works at Disney, and it was really interesting to get the "insider's tour" of the park. I saw a bird show and the Lion King Celebration. I also got to go on a safari ride and eat my very first chocolate covered frozen banana--WOW, Disney is great. I can't wait to go back. Saturday night we visited the Toccos, and I got to play with my friend Sophia and meet her new baby sister Miana. We capped off the evening with dinner at Jodi's where I played with Coop Doggie Dog. Peggy (Mom's boss) and Joey also joined us. It was great fun. Sunday morning we checked out of the hotel and headed to the old hood. Dad played a round of golf with John while Mom and I visited with Dana and our former neighbors, Bob and Gloria. They are doing great and enjoyed chasing after me around their house. I even got to eat a fresh tangerine off one of Bob's trees. Don't worry, Bob and I didn't get into rumble. He had just undergone eye surgery! After Dad finished golf, we ate Cuban food with the Ragusas--you can't get Rolando's in Dallas--yummy! Then we checked out all the new development near the old neighborhood. It is amazing how much the area has grown in just a year. Well, here are a few photos from all the festivities. Enjoy.

No comments: