


I visited Houston for the first time in my life this weekend. This city is very dear to my heart, as I would not have been born if it weren't for my parents meeting there back in 1998. We were in town for a surprise birthday party for Mom and Dad's friend Matt Hausler. The party was thrown by his sister, Candace. She did a great job in organizing. She was able to round up people who Matt hadn't seen in 10 years! Mom and Dad hadn't seen those guys in over 4 years. Candace had pictures blown up and on display from all of Matt's childhood birthdays. She even replicated a Dukes of Hazzard cake their grandmother had made for Matt on his 8th birthday. We had lots of fun. I was the only kid there, so I spent most of my time playing with the dogs. There were 3 dogs there, but my parents would only let me play with 2 of them since one was a 100 lb pit bull--it was quite a sight and spent most of the time in a crate. We chowed down on some brisket, smoked chickens with all the fixin's, and washed it all down with lots of Shiner Bock beer! We also had to make a stop for lunch at Wings N More, one of Dad's favorite Houston establishments. I'm not quite old enough for hot wings, at least the way Dad eats them, so I shared some chicken tenders with Mom. We stayed at our friends Karena and Drew's house. Karena makes really great French toast, as you can see in the picure. Notice my makeshift highchair/straight jacket. Mom can get really creative with a scarf! Hope you enjoy the photos.
No comments:
Post a Comment